Our 10 Step Luxury Full Service Interiors Process:
- The first step of our processes is always the free Discovery Call followed by the Comfortable Dwelling Consultation. Once we’ve determined the scope of your project and whether we’re a fit to complete it, and once we’ve consulted with you in your home, you can purchase and begin the Luxury Full-Service Interiors Process. Heather will schedule an appointment with you to review the Design Proposal, Project Roadmap and Letter of Agreement. When all parties have reviewed and agreed to the design package and letter of agreement, we’ll sign and collect a 50% retainer in order to begin.
- Heather and the team will measure, collaborate with trades and begin the creative process to build a comprehensive Design Plan to furnish, style and construct your new space. The design plan will be complete with budget figures and renderings so you can look at the space in a complete and holistic way from the start.
- After about 4-6 weeks of diligent work on your Design Plan, we will present our full vision for your space for approval. Many elements will be actual, purchasable items, however some design elements, such as styling, may be conceptual. If need be, we will make one to two revisions or modifications so that all parties are happy and ready to move on to the next phase.
- After Design Plan has been signed and approved; Heather and the Comfortable Dwelling team will finalize all selections and collect payment for all products and materials so that we can begin. The Comfortable Dwelling Team will manage and order all products, material, furnishings and finishes for the project on your behalf throughout the entire project.
- The Comfortable Dwelling Team will create a project schedule and coordinate all tradespeople who are necessary for the job and begin work. We will provide you the best timeline we possibly can so that you can plan around the work we are doing in your home. We will also track and coordinate all freight, shipments and deliveries, holding and storing all items until the Installation Phase. If items arrive broken or incorrect, we will handle everything and make it right.
- Until now, the style of the space has been conceptual in nature. Styling is our super-power and what makes our looks cozy and complete! Although we like to keep this element somewhat of a surprise for reveal day, our team will meet with you to discuss our plan and vision for the styling elements, tones, textures within the space for approval.
- As we approach the end of the project, we will begin to install the finishing touches and accessories in the space(s). The Comfortable Dwelling Team will begin preparations for Reveal Day on our end and provide you with an install date. We ask that you plan to do something fun while we install your space, so that we can have the house to ourselves and give you that HGTV “reveal” moment.
- A tremendous amount of planning goes into preparing for the final install day; these days after often 12 hour days for our team. We ask that you be not home during this process because it can be hectic. We will deliver furnishings and install every last detail and accessory so that when you come home, your space is entirely complete. You will have 5 days to let us know about any Styling elements you do not wish to keep, but we’ll warn you, you’ll probably fall in love with everything… most of our client’s do.
- Typically within 1-5 days after the installation we’ll bring in our photography team, designers and tradespeople who were involved in the project so they can see the complete space, shoot the areas they’d like to and capture their hard work on camera. Often times we’ll share and tour the space on social media on this day as well.
- Typically about 5 days after the Install and Reveal Day, Heather will visit you in your home for a final walkthrough of the project. We’ll ask that you keep track of any repairs or concerns you have a very detailed “punch list” so that we can take care of them during our final walkthrough of the space. Final payment is due upon completion of the “Final Walkthrough” with the Comfortable Dwelling team. We love coming back into your home after we’ve turned it over to you completely transformed, seeing your happy and smiling face makes every ounce of hard work worth it!!
Let us handle everything about your project from start to finish. Designing a space all the way through to completion is what we do best!